Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update on Lidstrom and Datsyuk

I don't know why I keep doing this shit to myself. I think I'm a masochist. Seriously. Out loud I act like a bad ass and say "oh Lidstrom and Datsyuk will probably be out for Game 5, no big deal, they'll work it out." But secretly, deep down the little girl inside is hoping and thinking they'll be in....how could they not be? Well fuck. They're out. MacLeod has the update below:

Coach Mike Babcock just said that neither Nicklas Lidstrom (lower body) or Pavel Datsyuk (foot) will be in the lineup for tonight's Game 5 of the Western Conference final."I think they're both getting closer," said Babcock. "I'd like to think they'll play the next time we play. I thought that today though."

That means the Wings will likely use the same lineup as in Game 4 with Chris Chelios and Justin Abdelkader dressed.

Yes I'm well aware the Wings can win without two of the top players in the league, but it doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But thank God they have Chelios to eat up 4 minutes of ice time...seriously, soooo lucky. Alright I'm being unnecessarily bitchy. Since they can't seem to break the streak of shaky penalty killing, can they stop their propensity of losing during clinching game 5's? Pretty pretty please?

Who knows....maybe this will be extra motivation for Detroit to come out strong and put in a 60 minute effort. Without Datsyuk and Lidstrom to rely on....it may just be the extra kick in the ass...

No comments:

Post a Comment