Monday, March 23, 2009

Operation Bitch Slap Gary

Since I recently had this discussion with my readers, (Hi dad and Pin!) I thought I would post this new article from the FreePress updating us on the Hossa negotiations. Or as I like to call it "Operation bitch slap Gary"

"I could be somewhere else, you know, but I came here because I like everything and I want to be a part of it," Hossa said. "And that's why I want to still be a Red Wing and stay here."

Wow, that quote rings in my ears like angels singing, puppies barking, and babies laughing!

Is this a direct result of something that Babcock and Holland are slipping into the water? Or are they all just hypnotized by Datsyuk's broken English? Either way, I hope he continues to drink the Koolaide.

Over at Lets Go Wings, Lovin Jiri Fisher summarized Gary Bitchmens response best if the Wings do in fact sign Hossa...

"Teams are not allowed to have Hossa for more than 2 seasons until every team has had a fair chance to have him on their team. Penalty: Entire team suspended 82 games plus 25 years in prison."

While a lenient punishment....I could not have said it better myself!

1 comment:

  1. You know I JUST jumped on the Hossa train (aka about 2 months ago). Those comments definitely gave me a glimmer of hope. I really hope that Kenny will use his magical powers to make something extraordinary happen because we've got to keep the depth! That being said...come tomorrow I vow to not speak of contracts and negotiations until the playoffs are finished (unless of course there's a Wings press conference...) because I keep getting worked up over rumors, hopes, and fears. It's starting to affect my school work.

    C

    P.S. Maybe I should have given up discussing negotiations for Lent!

    ReplyDelete