Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Exciting First Post...sorry that was misleading

Welcome! I know a lame opening and quite boring, but what really is your opening blog post supposed to contain? There are a number of clichés I could use to signify this moment, but instead I suppose I could just be honest...

Unfortunately this blog will not be as professional or contain as many breaking news stories as George's Snapshot blog. Nor will it be as viciously witty as say the Chief over at Abel to Yzerman. But I would like to think that I do have some hockey knowledge to share...true, that knowledge will be hidden behind the "adult" language I use. Language my mother says will make a grown man blush. And you may need to try to decipher what I am attempting to say, as my sister points out my use of the English language can at times be as frightening as Homers....

Growing up in Novi the Red Wings reigned supreme in my house. My youth was spent sitting next to my dad as he yelled at the TV whenever Kerry Fraser or Dan O'Halloran was "officiating." He also vehemently agreed with Mickey Redmond's color commentary, which may explain my desire to name this blog Bingo Bango. He lived and breathed with the Red Wings through the "Dead things" era. While other little girls were enjoying tea parties and writing their school biographies on Madonna, I was idolizing Steve Yzerman and learning the intricacies of the trap...and yes I know how weird that is...

My mom loved, and when I say loved, I mean LOVED like middle aged women love Clay Aiken, Probert and Kocher. Maybe that’s why she didn't yell at me when I got into a ‘fight’ at one of my soccer games...hmmmmm...(and by fight I mean my one pitiful slap after her barrage of punches…)

I apologize my rambling has now gotten out of control and entered into the realm of nostalgia. Let me just finish by saying I started this blog because I absolutely love the Red Wings!! I love watching and discussing each and every game...and out here in Phoenix, Arizona, there are not many people to indulge my desires. I believe my little sister Crystal encouraged me to start this blog in order to limit by daily emails and text messages with Wings news. And I know my finance, a casual hockey observer, will be happy to be spared my continuous rhetoric. Yeah...and I guess that is it for this engaging and memorable opening post...On to the real point of this blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment