Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mother #$%@* Goalpost...I hate you

sometimes. And last night was one of those nights. Yes Joey MacDonald played well in his 2-0 victory against the Wings, but I also don't think Detroit could have missed more open nets or hit more goalposts.

Can't say I'm surprised about the loss...but I will use one of the most dreaded words in the English language and say I'm disappointed. It was pretty boring and slow paced during the first two periods. It seemed as though the Wings felt inconvenienced to be there. But really this was exactly the kind of game the Wings typically lose. They are becoming far too predictable.

Oh well, se la vie, this one of all games is not something I would worry about. Especially after seeing the effort they brought out in the third period. If it wasn't for a few big saves from MacDonald and the fricken goal posts they would have been fine. I wanted to make a picture of Joey showing a little love, a little hug to the goal post, but I am not talented enough so the haunting empty net will have to do.

At least Michigan State won!! Go Spartans!

1 comment: