Monday, April 26, 2010

It has to be a Nightmare

Sigh. What the hell kind of god damn bipolar week was that? Seriously. Ups and downs. Moments of brilliance and then a game of utter lackluster play. I'm irritated. And yes, even a little grumpy.

I haven't posted in a few days and I was all set to recap and recount my last Thursday night where I was able to meet Nick Lidstrom, Darren Helm, Tomas Holmstrom, Jimmy Howard oh yes, and more. I even have pictures. And then I was all set to jump into my recap of Game 5 and the awesome time I had with thousands of other Wings fans at Jobing.com watching the Wings beat the Coyotes at home.

But then yesterday happened. Yesterday was a kick to the stomach. That "game" really took the wind out of my sails and well, just throw in any other cliche metaphor you can think of at this point. Where was the effort? The drive, the determination in an elimination game no less. As soon as the power play failed to capitalize on a 5 on 3, the Coyotes scored a shortie, and the pk decided to revert back to habits from November, you knew the game was done.

I can't imagine this team thought it would be a great idea to go to a game 7. I can't imagine they love Phoenix (because who really does?) to such a degree that they felt the need to come back. And I sure as hell can't believe they thought the Coyotes would lie down and take it up the ass in an elimination game.

I've already had to post an open letter begging for a little effort. Begging that if the Wings lose, at least go down while trying. At least show up. I feel a bit dirty having to do so again. So I won't.

They have one last shot on Tuesday. All the other wins, all the other loses, meaningless. It comes down to a single game elimination in fucking Glendale Arizona.

I hope they will remember the cheap shots, dirty plays, and chicken shit behavior displayed by the Phoenix Coyotes. The behavior that made it perfectly clear that even though Doan may not be playing, his influence, encouragement, and legacy of heartless cheap shots lives on.

Filppula

Abdelkader

Helm (please, please be ok)

Yes, use the anger and embarrassment to crush these cheap shot fuckers at home, in front of their bandwagon fans. Help send the fans back to the other sports they usually "follow." And put hockey in the desert back to it's rightful place.

I'll be back later with my look to the stars because I didn't do so before yesterday's game and maybe, just maybe AOL Horoscopes would have been able to give me a heads up for the national abortion I witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment