Sunday, June 14, 2009

A seasons end

Well the unthinkable, unimaginable, what I deemed impossible happened. It was heartbreaking. I missed most of the game, as I suspected, stuck on the Hoover Dam. That Damn Dam....By the time we finally got to the room Ericsson scored the Wings only goal and despite my better judgement, I began to get my hopes up. It was a brutal loss leaving me with a sick sinking feeling in my stomach. I turned the tv off and attempted to avoid any coverage for the entire weekend....I think the only way I was able to keep my sanity and composure was because I was in Vegas....which seems weird I suppose.

I still haven't fully come to grips with the loss, so I don't have much to say. Hopefully after another nights sleep I can gain some perspective. I think this one hurts a bit more because it happened at the Joe and Gary's fantasy has been fulfilled. I can only imagine the marketing campaign we will be forced to endure for years to come...sigh.

I would like to thank the Wings for a great season. They played hard, fought through injuries, and once again were cup contenders. They continuously make us proud to be Red Wings fans. Congrats on a great season.

I'd also like to thank anyone who has stumbled by and read this blog, commented, or sent emails which make me realize I am not the only crazed fan out there. My first stab at blogging has certainly been entertaining and it's great to have other hard core Wings fans to discuss the team we love.

I'll have more tomorrow....now that I am back to reality and everything can fully sink in.

Until them, enjoy these videos and remember, it didn't end how we hoped, but it was a great ride.

Lets Go Wings.





Thanks all for a great season

3 comments:

  1. It was a hell of a run. It's definitely nice to know that there are other crazed fans out there like myself. Especially, that I'm not the only girl in the ranks. Your blog actually was one of the reasons why I decided to start my own this year. The Wings'll be back next year, this time in a battle with the supposed "runners-up curse."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I thought you died or something. Nice to see you didn't jump of the dam.

    - Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun reading your stuff this year. Glad to add another Wings blog to the list of things I read every couple days and I look forward to more next year.

    ReplyDelete