But work has slowed down and life is beginning to return to normal, so I figured I'd give this whole blogging thing a go, once again.
During my prolong absence a lot has happened. Good, bad, strange, and in between. Below is my out of order, and as always, random recap of Red Wings news over the last month and a half. Feel free to fill in anything I've missed.
- Lidstrom signs a one year contract with the Wings. Apparently the reverse psychology I pulled on the universe and the hockey gods by repeatedly claiming he wasn't coming back, has worked. That or the daily pleading and begging. Either way, after Yzerman leaving it was good to have Lidstrom return.
- Jimmy of course did not win the Calder Trophy. This was either a direct result of pure ageism by the media, or their utter distance for man boobs. Either way, we did learn that Mark Wahlberg is completely devoid of humor both sober and drunk.
- Patrick Kane looks like an undersized frat boy with or without the vanullet (mullet/vanilla ice hair do)
- Kirk Maltby is close to a one year deal. He is not close to a one year deal. Kovalchuck is in talks with the Wings, he is not in talk with the Wings. It's like a fucking high school cafeteria on twitter right now. The rumors have been in full force this year.
- Toronto signs Lebda to a 1.5 million dollar contract AFTER the KHL passes up on him for being too expensive. I've now decided to throw my 6 pound runt of a dog into the free agent mix. If Lebda went for 1.5, I'm sure she could pull in a cool million.
- We also learned that Gary makes over 7 million a year. The question remains, which GM helped structure that contract? Burke or Tallon or some evil combination of both? They seem to enjoy overpaying for undersized, under performing pompous ass holes.
- Filppula's brother signed with the Wings. Women and men everywhere are now confused on which golden Finn to root for.
- Mike Modano may sign with the Wings. And aside from the Internet arguments taking place around this subject, we have learned he may not come to Detroit because of his wife's career. Apparently he's married to Willa Ford. If she were to come to Michigan with him, how would the world survive without more shitastic music like "I Wanna Be Bad?"
- Bob Probert passed away. I'm still in shock.
- Bertuzzi, Eaves, Miller and Meech are all signed. Apparently Bertuzzi is worth 1.5 million....yet another sign for those keeping count that the world may in fact be coming to an end.
- The cap has officially dick slapped Chicago. And I'm enjoying every single minute.
- There was a "Cooking with Kirk Maltby" extravaganza at Meijer. I miss Meijer. Not many places in Arizona where you can buy bulk gummy candy, lighter fluid, steering wheels, and boxed wine all in one place
What a strange and slightly fucked up off season it's been. But at least we're not forced to grab our ankles and bend over ala Chicago style. We can take solace in that. Hopefully I'll be back to posting semi regularly. And hopefully the Modano nonsense is resolved and Helm and Abby are signed. Not much longer and hockey will be back.